Thursday, January 22, 2009

7 Things

@capohanka and @taniasheko tagged me to participate in a meme.  A meme is a venue for one to share seven things that your readers might not know about you.  I'm several weeks late with this post but better late then never.

  1. Both of my parents are from Puerto Rico but met in the states-The Empire State.
  2. I am very fond of anything to do with the fire department.  My dad was a New York City Fireman for 21 years and I have wonderful memories of rides on fire trucks, nights spent in the fire house, and the smell of smoke on his clothes.
  3. I will listen to just about any music except opera. 
  4. I'm a big fan of Star Trek, TNG, BSG and super heroes.  I prefer DC over Marvel.
  5. I qualified for the Olympic Trials in the 1500m in 1988-nope I didn't make the team.
  6. I considered going to med school but found I enjoyed teaching more.  You're never too old to go to med school right?
  7. My bride and I went camping for 2 weeks on our honeymoon and we're still together.
Ok, so I'm supposed to tag 7 hmmm...

@cdavidson
@DavidPohlmeier
@brasst
@raventech
@clifmims
@spower
@bigdaddyscott





2 comments:

capohanka said...

Hiram,

That is so cool that you got to go to the Olympic Trials! One of my friends made the team as a swimmer in the year that we boycotted so he didn't get to go. My boys are both swimmers and I understand all too well the hours and hours of dedication and sacrifice that it takes to be a swimmer at that level. That must have been an exciting part of your youth.

I am always glad to hear about your own childrens' successes because I feel that same pride for my kids when they play sports.

Glad to get to know you better.

Carey

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and worth waiting for. Do you think you ever will do med school?